Credits

The credits for this header go strictly to Anita over at Nana's attic. I used her wonderful Rainbow kit freebie. Which is no longer available on her page. BUT she has lots of other fabulous freebies for you to see and download.
http://nanas-attic.blogspot.com/

Family pic

Family pic
All of us!

My girls

My girls
enjoying the warm weather

Monday, March 10, 2008

LONG hard weekend, and a new freebie

Well.. this weekend SUCKED. We spent Thurs night in the ER starting at about 930 pm, they finally admitted us and got us to a room at 330 am. My youngest daughter was one SICK baby, she had bronchiolitis and pneumonia and was unable to maintain her oxygen levels. She spent two full nights in the hospital and on 02. And then through prayer and modern medicine, literally in four hours the abx finally seemed to work and she could breathe. All she wanted to do sat. in the hospital was run around. Fortunately Devos Childrens Hospital has a great playroom and a wonderful staff who were more than willing to let us make circles around the floor. We were finally released Sat at about 5pm. She seemed fine. Then last night she started really struggling to breathe again, and we took her back. But by the time we even got to the ER she was completely fine. THANK GOD. We still had her checked out but she was totally fine.
This weekend totally made me rethink the idea of nationalized health care. Due to me losing my job recently, we have no insurance. We are hard working, middle class people, without insurance. I dont know how we are even going to manage the hospital bills. But we will. Because if we hadn't taken her in, she would have died. We don't qualify for govt assistance of ANY kind. Our only hope is that the hospital will have a charity program or something that can help at least some.
Luckily for us, the abx worked, and we took her in when we did. I cant rule out the power of prayer. I know we had lots of people praying for her. So our hospital stay was short. Now anyone who knows me fairly well, knows that I am not a huge fan of abx, I always hesitate to use them unless I am SURE they are neccessary, but this time, I knew they were neccessary.
Okay this is kind of all over the place, I hope it makes sense. And now for all of you who have bothered to read my rant I have a new freebie. This was inspired by what I WANTED to do this weekend, and that was the Foremost Butterflies are Blooming, at Frederik Meijer Gardens. The butterflies are something I look forward to all year, and can not wait to go next weekend. Its amazing. We were also supposed to go see the Easter Bunny, so these are Easter colors.
Enjoy.
You can grab it by clicking the picture.
Credits: various photoshop shapes from adobes website, and megadoodle inspired shapes from ephemeral victorian

3 comments:

ladybug987 said...

Your poor baby! What a scare! I'm glad she recovered quickly. Thanks for the lovely butterflies.

ccynden said...

Hope your daughter is doing and feeling so much better now. Thank you for the beautiful butterflies, they are lovely.

Christelle said...

The butterflies are stunning! Thanks so much for sharing.

Counter