Credits

The credits for this header go strictly to Anita over at Nana's attic. I used her wonderful Rainbow kit freebie. Which is no longer available on her page. BUT she has lots of other fabulous freebies for you to see and download.
http://nanas-attic.blogspot.com/

Family pic

Family pic
All of us!

My girls

My girls
enjoying the warm weather

Friday, August 3, 2007

Wynona Judd

My mom called me last night to tell me she had won an extra ticket to see Wynona tonight, and asked if I would like to come. I QUICKLY jumped on that, and made some calls and was able to get the night off of work.
We get there tonight, have dinner for free, along with unlimited free alcohol, and its the GOOD stuff, including grey goose vodka which I love. So I have a few drinks, then we go out to listen to the concert.
The symphony played for about 45 minutes without Wynona, and this was nice. Very enjoyable. But I was anxiously awaiting seeing Wynona. She came out and put on a FABULOUS show. I mean wow... I was dumbstruck. Her voice is only more amazing in person than it is on the radio or on cd. Plus she was funny, and sweet and just really enjoyable all the way around.
I wanted to hear one song, especially, No one Else on Earth. This song has a lot of history behind it for me, and I was waiting excitedly. She didn't do it during the regular show. She came out and did an encore and it was some song in Latin, i THINK. I would say about half the audience left at that point. But not me, I wasn't ready to give up. After this song, she did it. She sang "No one else on earth" It made a great show, unforgettable.
Man this was a great show. I loved it.
She sang "I can only imagine" too, and as soon as she started I broke into tears. This song breaks my heart. It was the song that was played at the viewing of a little boy I loved very much. I cried through the entire thing. I just couldn't stop. But she still did it beautifully. I think the crying was only made worse because the last time I was at this concert series he was with me. I had just become his CENA and his family took me with them to see a star wars themed symphony concert. And even though I cried, those were very happy memories. He loved music, and he was very very happy that night. I will always remember that day with him, its one of my favorite memories.
So all around tonight was a good night. Like I said the concert was AWESOME. I am so glad I went. I loved it. Just wanted to post a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous evening. I can only imagine the electricity of that night! Lucky you:~)

Modern-Day Ma said...

great freebies lists! :-) Thanks!

Counter